Fees and Charges
Surrey Heath Building Regulations Charges, view Fees Tables
The charges for Building Regulation applications are either established as a standard charge or, for the larger schemes, individually determined on a scheme-by-scheme basis.
Individually determined charges
If the charge for your building work is not listed as a standard charge it will be calculated individually and you should contact Building Control at: email@example.com.
It would be helpful when determining the charges if you submit the following form giving all relevant information regarding the project and we will provide you with a written quotation.
Alternatively telephone our helpline - 01276 707141.
Factors which are taken into account in determining the fee include:
- The floor area of the building or extension
- The estimated cost of the building work
- The estimated duration of the building work
- The use of competent persons or Robust Details Ltd
- Any accreditations held by the builder or other member of the design team
- The nature of the design of the building work and whether innovative or high risk construction is to be used.
We welcome early involvement, particularly on larger projects, prior to the formal deposit of a Building Regulations application to provide maximum assistance to achieve rapid approval of your scheme.
Payment of Charges
You are able to pay by any of the following methods:
- Cheque made payable to Surrey Heath Building Control
Surrey Heath House
- Over the phone by credit* or debit card - 01276 707 141 (Mon to Fri 9:00 - 16:00)
- Online using a credit* or debit card (Please use the first line of the site address in the Reference field). Pay online
*Please note there is a 1.5% charge for using a credit card
The plan charge is payable at the time of submitting the application - this charge is for checking the plans.
The inspection charge is payable after the first inspection on site by our Building Control Surveyors. The applicant will be invoiced for the charge, and it will cover all subsequent inspections; no further charges are payable.
Building Notice Charge
The charge is payable when you submit your application
Complaints about charges
If you have a complaint about the calculation of or level of charges you should initially raise your concerns with the relevant surveyor. The Council has a comprehensive complaints handling and monitoring process. If you consider that your complaint is not satisfactorily responded to by the surveyor concerned, details of how to resolve your complaint are available on request and can be viewed on the Council's website